Welcome to Antique Print Club decorative, interesting and rare maps & prints.
Derek & Kathryn Nicholls guarantee that all items from this website are as stated. Purchase safely online 24/7.
Antique Print & Map Company original antique prints and maps are also available every day from 10am to 5pm at
Brisbane Antique Emporium, Clayfield 794 Sandgate Road (turn into Junction Road for entry).
Up to 400 years old, antique maps and prints never go out of style. For hundreds of years, antique engravings have been used to decorate walls in grand homes as well as humble ones. Framed antique maps and prints look great with even modern decor; and improve the ambience of workplaces, homes and hotels. They also make wonderful gifts. Here are some great ideas for your inspiration... in case you need inspiration.
* Check out the new additions of charming French fashion illustrations c1913-1925 from Gazette du Bon Ton (Journal of Good Style) and Costumes Parisiens (Paris Fashions). Not only elegant, they bring a smile from any corner of the wall. Elves and Animals at Sport and Play are also enjoyed by the young at heart.
* Check out the 19th century lithographs of fine Sevres and Faience Porcelain, spectacular Greek pottery, and interesting ancient musical instruments.
* Classical Design is always just that - classic design - with a choice of periods, styles, sizes, and costs:
17th century: Medallion engravings of magnified carved gems by Picart, and 1st century Roman military battles by Bartoli
Superb 18thC engravings of Raphael Arch and Pilaster frescoes at the Vatican, superb Piranesi etchings, frescoes from Pompeii.. little cherubs at work and play.
Early 19th century small English engravings "as would tend to improve the Student" of classical antiquities, Coats of Arms, ancient coins, furniture and furnishings, and all kinds of decorative architectural embellishments.
* Architectural engravings and lithographs appeal to anyone who appreciates the different architectural styles around the world. Some of the finest antique architectural engravings are Battista Falda's early Italian architectural engravings, rare 18th century engravings of architectural designs by Inigo Jones (the 'father of classical English architecture'), and wonderful French chateaux. There are also small 18th century engravings of Giacomo Barozzi Vignola's Five Rules of Architecture, and elevations and floorplans of practical English architecture of the 19th century.
* Garden landscaping varies considerably, from amazing French Gothic, to formal English estates and estates shown below beribboned floating fruit by Volckamer, and the gardens of French chateaux in two 19th century watercolours... and an engraving showing the transition from poverty to wealth in Australia, on the colonial country 'station' named Bontharambo.
* Floral engravings and lithographs include beautiful rare Australian native Flora, Weinman and John Hill early botanical engravings, Herbals, and beautiful fruit lithographs. Small engraved portraits of Birds by William Home Lizars for Sir William Jardine, inimitable character studies of Animals by Brodtmann and by Nodder for George Shaw.
Beautiful 18th century engravings include Seashells by Niccolo Gualtieri and Fish by Marcus Elieser Bloch that look good in living rooms as well as bathrooms. Perennial favourites for every room are the large beautifully hand-coloured John Gould bird lithographs which were some of the finest illustrations ever done of Australian birds.
* Antique maps remind us of special holidays, or the country where family and friends came from: Europe, U.K. & Ireland, Italy, France, Asia & Japan, Australasia, Canada & America.. and everywhere else! Some early maps look strange - perhaps with different names, coastlines, and country and state borders from hundreds of years ago. Equally fascinating are early views: Australia, China, New Zealand, finely engraved English coastal views, or Shipping, Marine, and Military scenes.
* Many antique maps and prints are under $50. However if you wish to be more economical and don't mind a modern reprint, our Heritage Editions section may have just what you want. For example, reproductions of botanical prints (often printed larger than the original) include flowers of Australian shrubs and trees. John Gould birds and his iconic Koala are spectacular even if they are not as fine as the originals. Heritage Editions world maps and limited editions of Australian maps make available some of the most important rare maps charting Australia's discovery.
* Antiquarian Books are coming to our website book offering. While you can't hang them on your wall, like the maps and prints they will give many hours of pleasure.
* If you would like to give someone else a wonderful choice, buy them a Gift Certificate. Gift Certificates are valid for 6 months, and can be used as full or part payment for any purchase from our Antique Print Club website. We regret that full- or part-refunds are not available, but Gift Certificates are transferrable if used within the six month validity.
Please email Kathryn at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 (0)412 442 283 for Antique Print Club Gift Certificates of all values.
Gift Certificates can also be purchased from Brisbane Antique Emporium in Clayfield, for selections from within our Antique Print Club store there. (Phone 3862 1600).
We hope you enjoy your visits to our website. You should find our Blogs and Library provide good background information, but if you have a question, or if we can be of assistance, just email email@example.com or phone us on 0412 442 283.